QuickBooks will no longer be available in India. Solutions?
30th April 2023 is the last date when data will be available on Quickbooks for Indian users. This news seems too sudden, and the company has not presented any specific reason for it yet. But it has further asked its consumers to download their data and transition out of the product. It’s vital to find alternatives to QuickBooks in India. So let's have a look in detail at what and how you can preserve your data.
QuickBooks Discontinuation Policy
- The parent company of Quickbooks, Intuit, has decided to discontinue QuickBooks desktop products and services for accountancy and small business in India from April 30, 2023.
- Discontinuation applies to all product subscriptions and services, including QuickBooks Online Accountant, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Time, and QuickBooks mobile app.
- As of July 1, 2023, there will be no new subscriptions, and sign-ups to QuickBooks products in India will be accepted. Still, QuickBooks will remain available for current subscribers in India until April 30, 2023.
- All paid subscriptions will be switched to a free subscription before July 31, 2023, to enable continued use through April 30, 2023, with no charges applied.
What is the impact on present QuickBooks users in India?
- After May 31, 2023, Intuit will discontinue services in both Mac and PC software versions, including all versions of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions v20, Premier, and Desktop Pro.
- It means all the users in India can no longer use the software and cannot access the features, accounts, and information of their original QuickBook online software. If you don’t use other add-on services in QuickBooks Desktop 2020, your product will work for you.
- You won’t be capable of subscribing to live technical assistance or any other Intuit services that are integrated with QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can access QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Online Banking, Online Backup, Live Support, and other services through QuickBooks Desktop 2020 software that will be discontinued after May 31, 2023.
& the business data?
- As a company owner, you own the data, and it is under your control to remove your current accountant user at any time. Changing your financial data to software similar to QuickBooks will not affect your company data.
- Contact your current accountant expert if you want to migrate to the best QuickBooks alternative software. They can help retrieve your account and download your business-related data, so you can log into your preferred financial suite and access your accounts without interruption.
- To save your data in QuickBooks Online, you can open or run a report to export it to an excel sheet. Follow these easy steps to get your QuickBooks data:
- On the left pane of the dashboard, click Reports.
- Use the search bar to find the report you want to view and access.
- Click on the Export icon at the top right of each report using the drop-down arrow to Print or Download.
- Once you cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription, you can still access read-only data of your financial business.
- You can export your data within the one-year duration of your canceled or closed subscription.
What are the alternatives for QuickBooks Software in India?
You can find numerous alternative software similar to QuickBooks, which has all the necessary bookkeeping features. If you are scrutinizing the best QuickBooks alternative for your industry in India, here are some software similar to QuickBooks, such as Zoho Books, Tally, Xero, Sage, FreshBooks, Wave Accounting, and more.
There are several QuickBooks alternatives in India that you should consider, depending on your business needs and budget.
We recommend Zoho Books as a best alternative of Quickbooks
Zoho books and Quickbooks have a much similar features and interface, thus the users can easily adapt to the new software with very minimum resistance.
Zoho books offers invoicing, expense tracking, and inventory management features, Banking and GST related features. Plus Zoho books has a country specific edition which caters to the Indian tax laws. Zoho corporation is a GST Suvidha provider and thus supports GST filing from accounting software itself. It offers a wide range of integrations with other Zoho applications as well as third party applications. One can try out the free trial version and decide. Also demo account access is available
Contact us to Migrate QuickBooks Online to Zoho Books now:
Why choose Strateworks for Migration Services?
- If this change impacted you, consider the best alternative solution that suits your business process. Strateworks has worked on QuickBooks and helped many customers to migrate their existing platform to Zoho Books
- Also, we are Zoho-Advanced partners, and we provide seamless integration from QuickBooks to Zoho Books.
- Our dedicated Zoho Books team has abundant experience in supporting businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals. We can work with you to identify the best solution for your business’s specific needs and migrate from QuickBooks to Zoho Books. Get in touch today!
- We have chartered accountants in our team who can best understand your financial needs.
- We are also the authorised training partners of Zoho finance and hence can well train your team into Zoho Books or any other zoho applications.